This was a big hit with the husband and only took about 20 minutes to make! Success!
Easy Broccoli Beef Stir-fry
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/2 cup water, plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb boneless round steak or charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
4 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen)
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1) In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
2) Add beef and toss.
3) Heat a large skillet to medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef is done; remove and keep warm.
4) Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining Tablespoon of oil for 4-5 minutes.
5) Return beef to pan.
6) Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
7) Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8) Serve over rice.