Easy Chickpea Curry
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 fl oz or 400 mL)
- 1 can chick peas
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon or more brown sugar
- 1 quarter lemon squeezed or more
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 bunch spinach, cleaned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
1) Heat coconut milk in a pan until simmering. Add chickpeas, red curry paste, tomato paste, brown sugar, lemon juice, chili powder, basil. Mix everything together until even consistency.
2) Add spinach and green onions to the coconut milk mixture and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) In a separate pan, combine 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa. Simmer and cook until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked and fluffy.
4) Serve curry over quinoa.
Note: The curry flavor might be stronger if served over rice instead of quinoa. Also, you can make this recipe with mushrooms, but would need to increase the simmer time in step 2 to 15-20 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked all the way through.